Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas surprise!

We went to bed last night all prepared to go get Dave from the airport in the morning, but who should burst through the door at 10 pm? Sure enough, he planned all along to take the train from Portland and my brother Joe was in cahoots about it. I had almost got Julia asleep when he arrived, and that put an end to bedtime for a good while! She was a little wary at first, but after 10 minutes she let him hold her and after 20 minutes they were wrestling on the ground. It was a good evening!!!! I was so wound up that I didn't fall asleep until 3 am! Now Daddy's here, Julia is happy and it's Christmas eve and the pies are cooling and the lamb is marinating for dinner and cookies are being cut out.
An early Christmas present, a quilt from my Granny!

and another early present, a wood block print from China via Anna!

Daddy!!!

cookie making
and pie!!! (pumpkin and cranberry-sage)

No comments:

Post a Comment