Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween

Since fall is full upon us and winter approaches, we sent Olaf into the tree to pick all the apples. we got about 25 gallons, 1/3 really nice and 2/3 not quite so nice thanks to the coddling moths. They are great eating and cooking apples, like a granny smith. I'm mourning the fact that my lovely apple peeling machine is somewhere in storage. 

Julia was a huge fan of her little "muh-min," and after I carved it for her she carried it around for hours.  

Olaf was also a huge fan of pumpkin carving.


Not only a fan of pumpkins, Olaf is a fan of decorating to the 9's for Halloween. 

He created quite a graveyard in the future garden bed and put fake cobwebs on every surface possible.  Every day he came home with a new idea for further decorating, so we are all breathing a sigh of relief that the event is over.  Speaking of the future garden bed, Mom and I got a small rototiller at a garage sale, and so I am hopeful that we will be able to work the compacted clay soil after all! A shovel just isn't getting us far. 

Check out the Hello Kitty undies! Julia is a huge fan of the underwear I bought her the other day. She carried all 7 pairs around the entire first day and while she has since reduced the quantity carried to one or two pairs, she is often found trying to figure out how to put on multiple pairs at once. Potty training is going quite well, I think. For the past 5 days, she has gone tee-tee in the potty first thing in the morning. Occasionally she goes later in the day too. We have some accidents and I put her in a diaper to go out and to bed still, but she gets the idea, has the language down and today she told me "poopies" and went and did it, followed by another tee-tee! Forgive my detail, but I am super proud of her!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I love the decorations! Did you get many Trick-or-Treaters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun Halloween! Just writing to let you know I have not forgotten your ornament swap, I'm so silly, I thought it was due by the end of November not the end of October, I just went to the website to check the date and realized I was overdue. Sorry for the delay- your ornaments are nearly done, a few more stitches :) and they will be on the way. Hope you and your family are having a great week.

    ReplyDelete