Friday, December 2, 2011

Sayin Things



Julia is so in love with her babies that she won't go to bed without one.
or two. or three.
Julia's all prettied up for church. she takes the job of carrying her backpack of entertainment very seriously.
I made some little acorn jewels for Julia to play with. I got the idea from this blog. You take acorn caps and color inside them with washable marker, then fill each to the brim with elmer's glue. You put them in playdough to balance while they dry and they turn into little jewels. I only wish I had collected more acorns!
We're getting out some of the Christmas things, and here is one of my favorite things. It is a creche puzzle. All the pieces fit together inside the stable frame. I've never seen anything like it, and mom and dad thing they got it from a fair-trade catalog long ago before they were fashionable. Someday I'd like to try to make one like it, if I can get my hands on a good saw or on a good carpenter to do it for me. (Grandpa Dave, perhaps.....)

here they are all arranged.

and here is another of my favorite nativity scenes, made by some good friends of ours as an activity for the kids when we lived at Holden. They cut and sanded the pieces and the kids got to assemble the pictures and glue the pieces.

this


3 comments:

  1. Love the jewel acorns, so cool, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the jewel acorns and the nativity sets. My uncle made my parents one of the puzzle ones, but that was the last year we all exchanged gifts. He would try a gift out on his siblings and then give it to our generation the following year. I love the piece one as well. I definitely will want to try that with my daughter. I'm your newest follower and would love it if you would share at my sharing party at http://craftymomsshare.blogspot.com/2011/12/sharing-saturday-8_09.html. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete